Company: Artech Information Systems LLC
Position: Java Web Developer
Duration: 12+ months Contract (Possible Extension)
Location: Chantilly, VA (Onsite/Remote)
Job Reference Code: 21-37257
The client seeks a senior-level Java Web Developer with strong business acumen for our client located in Washington DC. Work will be done out of Chantilly, VA office or remotely.
• 8+ years advanced computer programming skills in Java/J2EE/, Web Services and APIs
• 2+ years advanced computer programming skills in JSF 2.x/JSP/PrimeFaces
• 3+ years of advanced computer programming skills in Spring/Hibernate
• Advanced working skills in programming with SQL using table joins, views, stored procedures.
• Experience and strong Relational database knowledge and concepts including normalization, performance tuning and data structures.
• Experience and possess strong code debugging, troubleshooting/investigation techniques and problem solving in test and production environments.
• 5+ years of experience in systems analysis and working closely with business customer
• Experience with Subversion/GitHub, code versioning and change management concepts
• Experience working in applications using Continuous Integration using Jenkins.
• Experience writing unit tests using Junit and other Unit Testing frameworks.
• Experience with secure coding practices and guidelines like SQL injection, cross-site scripting etc.
• Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, unit testing and implementation)
• Experience with Windows/Linux networking and operating systems environments.
• Experience with requirements definition and specifications design
• Experience analyzing functional requirements in Sprints to write component detailed design technical documents.
• Able to design and build systems that are integrated with other client systems
• Demonstrates an expert level of proficiency in the use of computer languages and utilities necessary to support application development
• Possess good leadership skills like self-organization, Problem-solving and attention to detail.
• Experience with Eclipse IDE/IntelliJ.
• Experience with WebSphere Liberty.
• Advanced working skills with IBM WebSphere and/or Oracle WebLogic technologies
• Experience with Maven, Sonar and Jenkins
• Experience in projects where code is translated from one language to JAVA/JSF.
• Knowledge or experience with ColdFusion programming knowledge using CFML, CFScript and/or CFCs. Fusebox framework knowledge or experience.
• Able to perform the complete system life cycle using the Agile Scrum Methodology phases from project initiation, analysis and requirements, design, coding, testing and implementation
• Able to adhere to client development standards.
• Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
• Proven ability to develop and maintain system documentation
• Ability to work independently with minimal direction
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Place and Period of Performance
• Hours of support:
o The standard work week for contract staff will be 5 days a week and 8 hours per day preferable Monday through Friday.
o Contract staff may be required to travel to support business efforts.
• Location: Chantilly, VA or remote
Local candidates only.